Why we love it
With a few steps from this homely cabin, you can be on The Cotswold Way or settled into a great local pub and there are fields at the top of the drive for those essential morning and evening outings
What you'll love
Dogs will love
- Getting off their leads just a few yards from The Workshop
- Throws for the sofa so they can jump up alongside you
- A warm welcome at the local pubs
Humans will love
- Being right on the Cotswold Way
- The laid-back, welcoming farmhouse feel
- The quiet of the enclosed courtyard and stunning views from the balcony
With views all the way to the Brecon Beacons on a clear day and an instant feeling of warmth and welcome, The Workshop is a lovely place to put your feet up for a few days. If you don’t want to move much, there are fields at the top of the drive where dogs can take care of business in the morning and evenings, but the Cotswold Way is only a minute from your doorstep if you fancy a proper walk. Add to that a fair few pubs in the area with bars and gardens that welcome dogs and dog-friendly places like Westonbirt Arboretum, and you have all the ingredients for a wonderfully relaxing break.
- 1 x King room
- 1 x Double room
- Bathroom with shower and toiletries
- Outside tap with hose for dog washing
Living and relaxing
- Wood burner with firewood provided - enough for a couple of nights
- Outdoor casual seating
- Reading nook
- Oil fired heating
Cooking and dining
- Kitchen with induction hob, microwave, electric oven, fridge, dishwasher with tablets and washing up liquid
- Cooking basics supplied - Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, some herbs, beans, tea, herbal teas, coffee, sugar
- Indoor and outdoor dining table and chairs for four people
For the dog
- Towels for muddy paws and soggy coats
- Two dog bowls
- Throws for the furniture
- Poo bags
- Check in 1500
- Check out 1030
- £35 per dog per stay
- Babies up to the age of 2 are welcome
- Suitable for children age 12 and over
- Additional firewood available from the owners at £5 per bag
You should know
- Please pop the dog on a lead whenever you’re coming and going as there are occasionally cars and deliveries which won’t be expecting to avoid anything
- No dogs in the bedrooms please
- There is an enclosed courtyard at The Workshop, not garden with grass or turf
In the neighbourhood
- Bath might not be your dog’s favourite word, but the town centre is a delight to walk around, and includes attractions such as the Georgian crescents, the Roman Baths and the hot water spa, although you can’t take the dog in there.
- In one direction, the Cotswold Way follows the ridge with spectacular 180 degree views towards Wales, the Cotswolds escarpment and Bristol city. It leads eventually to the river Avon about 5 miles away where it ends. To the north and east, it leads deeper
- There are plenty of pubs that accept dogs in the bars and gardens around, but The Upton Inn accepts dogs in all areas and is a very pleasant 40 minute walk from The Workshop.
- For a flatter walk than the Cotswold Way, the towpath along the Kennet and Avon canal is a great choice, as it winds through picturesque villages and gentle countryside.
- Westonbirt Arboretum is just round the corner and is totally dog-friendly, with miles of trails and beautiful trees for both dogs and humans to enjoy, although hopefully in very different ways.
- Tetbury is great for a quiet stroll and to browse the antique shops tucked away among the sandstone buildings on leafy, cobbled streets.